Are you looking for a Boston limo too? Don’t forget to enquire about the safety measures they have in place. Know that the Federal Government regulates their safety through the US Department of Transportation. Also various state regulations govern them to ensure maximum driver and passenger safety.
According to The US Department of Transportation, vehicles that are authorized to carry 9 to 15 passengers have to comply with regulations recognized by them. There are specific guidelines that dictate the number of hours drivers are allowed to be on the job following 8 hours of limo driving.
According to The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, all carriers must file a motor carrier identification report along with a USDOT identification number on their vehicles with the legal name of the operator.
Apart from that there is a lot you can do to ensure your safety and that of your loved ones when hiring a Boston limo. You will have to understand that despite many accidents in the past, limousine safety is not effectively regulated in many states. Therefore as a consumer you have the right to inspect the vehicle before you hire it and prior to using it in your special event or party. You can follow these steps to ensure that your loved ones get a safe trip and you get an enjoyable night and a memorable limousine experience.
- You should have the limo driver arrive early enough so that you can perform a thorough inspection yourself
- Always make sure that there is a spare tire in case of emergency
- Check the conditions and the amount of wear and tear the tires have suffered
- Make sure there are always jumper cables in your Boston limo
- Checking for a first aid kit is one of the most important things to do
- Checking for fire extinguishers is also very essential and make sure that at least one of them is at the back and the other one is at the front
- Test the air-conditioning unit of the limo because you know how your sister’s hair gets in high humidity
- Check that all the lights in the interior and exterior are working
- Make sure all the locks work
- Check if all the windows work
- If you like to stick your head out in the evening breeze, don’t forget to test the sunroof
- Enquire from the driver about what all tools he or she has in the limo as these could come in really handy